What is JIPMER?
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is responsible for organizing the national level entrance exam for candidates interested in pursuing the undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate, super speciality, fellowship, and diploma courses under the umbrella of JIPMER.
Grandiosity: Established in 1823, JIPMER was considered one of the oldest teaching institutes involved with European medicine in Asia and was given the recognition of "Institution of National Importance" while being among India's top colleges. Around 150 undergraduate, 200 postgraduate, and 36 doctoral program admissions are accepted by JIPMER. Due to its affiliation with the Government of India, it carries a prominent stature.
Level: Every year JIPMER conducts a National Level Examination for the students who are aspiring to get admission into various medical courses offered by it.
Full-Time PhD Courses: For candidates who are interested in PhD JIPMER 2020 offers full-time residential PhD course in fifteen various disciplines.
Seat Availability: For MBBS - 145+5* Seats (*Exclusive for OCI/NRI) (Under Self Financing Scheme) For MD/ MS - 200 per Seats (100 in January Session & 100 in July Session)
Want help with Admission 2020
JIPMER 2020 Highlights
JIPMER is one of the leading Medical Institue which was established in 1823 almost 200 years ago conducts a national level entrance exam for aspiring students to qualify and get admission in the institute. For this year, JIPMER 2020 has been replaced by NEET 2020. Highlights for NEET 2020 are given in the following table.
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||National Test Agency|
|NEET Examination Date||September 13, 2020|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper based|
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|No. of Question||180|
Physics - 180
Chemistry - 180
Biology - 360
+4 Marks for Correct Answers
-1 for Incorrect Answers
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0120-6895200|
JIPMER offers several courses varying from certificate courses to undergraduate programmes to Ph. D. JIPMER and AIIMS doesn't come under NEET boundary, So they are conducting their own entrance exam for medical students in India. The various courses offered are given in the following table.
|B.Sc Allied Medical Sciences|
|Postgraduate||Doctorate of Medicine MD|
|Master of Surgery MS|
|M.Sc Allied Medical Sciences|
|Master of Public Health MPH|
|Super Speciality||Doctor of Medicine DM|
|Master of Chirurgie M.Ch|
|Fellowship Courses||Post Doctoral|
|PhD||Doctor of Philosophy PhD|
|Diploma||Post Basic Diploma in Nursing|
|Certificate||Emergency Medical Technician Certificate Course (EMTC)|
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam Dates
JIPMER 2020 has been replaced with NEET 2020. The conducting body releases the exam schedule on the official website. Candidates should make a note of the NEET 2020 exam dates so that they won't miss out on any of the important events. The NEET 2020 exam will be conducted on September 13, 2020.
- Registration: Students who are wishing to study at JIPMER should first complete registration for NEET 2020. Registrations opened from December 2, 2019.
- Admit Card: Admit card for NEET 2020 is available on the official website www.ntaneet.nic.in
- Examination: NEET 2020 will be conducted on September 13, 2020
- Results: Results will be declared in the first or second week of August after the commencement of the exam on the official website. Candidates can check the results by visiting the official website and entering their credentials.
- Counselling: Counselling process date is yet to be announced.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Syllabus
The exam will be based on topics and subjects from State Board Hr. Sec and for 11th and 12th CBSE Board.
- Subjects: JIPMER MBBS 2020 syllabus includes 5 subjects, which are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Comprehension, and Logical and Quantitative Reasoning. Out of these 5 subjects, the exam will concentrate on testing students knowledge in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Mock Test: Candidates are advised to go through Mock Test for Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) for the preparation and to know in depth about syllabus and pattern. Link for the mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER Entrance Examination.
JIPMER MBBS Preparation
Preparing for any entrance exam can be a gigantic burden, but it just depends upon the way you are viewing it and how you are approaching it. If you have enough strong determination any exam or task will be easier to crack. So the first thing you should be doing is setting up a goal and follow the steps to crack the JIPMER exam. When I mean setting up your goal it means that you should go all out and be ready to face all of the difficulties coming your way. You need to be persistent enough to not give up halfway through your effort. Now, if you have mastered the required determination to face the exam, you need to find the different ways to approach the exam that are suitable for you. Given below are some of the tips that you can follow.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern
JIPMER medical entrance exam 2020 is replaced with NEET 2020, and will be conducted through Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT).
- Question Type: JIPMER MBBS 2020 exam pattern consists of Multiple Choice Question's (MCQ's).
- Sections: There will be a total of 5 sections which includes Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Comprehension, and Logical and Quantitative Reasoning.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 150 minutes which is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Marks: Even though there are 5 sections, JIPMER concentrates more on Physics, Chemistry, and biology at 60 marks for each section and has English Language and Comprehension, and Quantitative Reasoning to check their English proficiency and aptitude with Each section having 10 marks.
- Medium: Medium of instruction throughout the admission process beginning from the application form to confirming seat will be English.
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam Centres
Examination centres are tentatively proposed in 120 cities all over India. Candidates need to select the cities which are closest to them to avoid any inconveniences on the day of the exam.
- Choice: The applicant can opt only for three exam cities as JIPMER MBBS 2020 exam centre.
- Registration: Allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant during online registration on first cum first serve basis.
- Change of Centre: NO request for change of centre would be considered under any circumstances. If seats for JIPMER Entrance Examination are unavailable in the chosen 3 exam cities, nearby exam cities will be considered for venues.
- Cancellation of Exam Centre: In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a new Exam City can be allotted with the due intimation in website/ text message.
|State/Union Territory||Exam City|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Chattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hisar, Kurukshetra, Sonipat, Yamunanagar|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga|
|Kerala||Cochin, Kannur, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amravati, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune|
|Odisha||Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Salem, Thoothukudi, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruvannamalai|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Meerut, Noida, Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Moradabad, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Bishnupur, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri|